The Forge on Orkney
We invite you to join us for a pre summer solstice
Make Your Own Singing Bowl
Workshop and Retreat
May 31st - June 7th, 2016
6 days & 7 nights
Our home on Orkney will be a large and very comfortable house – the former hotel Woodwick House. We will have the entire building and it's gardens, stream and bluebell woods to ourselves. Woodwick Bay, Evie, Orkney KW17 2PQ
All rooms are twin share and a single supplement is available as is a preference for double.
Our host at Woodwick, Carola Soltau, is a friend of both Gabriella's and Heather's. She is a beautiful cook and provides a space that will allow each of us to feel cared for and never fussed over. The cost of the retreat includes all breakfasts, three lunches for the days we are based at the house and five evening meals. On the Friday 3rd we go local with an option for Fish and Chips by the sea and for the last night we go to a local restaurant for our celebratory meal of completion.
- The cost of this unique Orkney experience and transformational retreat is £850
- We are happy to be offering an early bird 10% discount of £765 for those who book by February 29th.
- A full and non-refundable deposit of £250 will secure your place with completion of payment by April 30th. Payment options by installment are available. Please let us know when you book.
- A full three day Singing Bowl Making Workshop with facilitation, guidance and access to tools and instruments.
- Sound meditations and circle each day facilitating the possibility of a profound personal and group experience.
- Fully inclusive of seven nights bed and breakfast accommodation, three lunches and five evening meals.
- Transport for collection from Stromness Ferry terminal at specified times: On arrival day we offer a pick up for the northlink ferry from Scrabster arriving in Stromness at 1.15pm -31st of May.
- Transport to take us to the special sites of the island on the days and evenings when we are not in the forge .
We will be taking some time on the island to visit particular sites. Some of these are Skara Brae, Stones of Stenness, Maes Howe, Brough of Gurness
These days out will be organised with hire cars or drivers and will be fully included in the overall cost of the retreat.
(Please let us know if you are intending to bring a car to Orkney. We may be able to offer a discount if you are willing to be a part of the drive team)
Not included in the price:
- Materials for the bowl making. Average cost is between £1o - £40 based on size and type of material chosen.
- 3 lunches and 2 evenings meals on our days/ evenings out.
- Entrance fees to some of the sites .They are generally £5 50 /£4 40.
- In the event of a group decision leading us to another island - eg a short ferry crossing to Rousay each person will be responsible for their fare.
- Travel to Orkney. (It's a substantial undertaking and well worth spending time with all of the many options. From our experiences the journey is a joy and a huge part of the process of a deep immersion retreat such as this one.)
We begin on Tuesday, May 31st from 4 30 pm and complete in the evening of Monday 6th June
Check in/out times
Check in to Woodwick House is from 2pm on Tuesday May 31st.
Check out of Woodwick House by 11am Tuesday 7th June.
Ferry Times Morning and Midday departures from the ferry at Stromness are at 0845 and 1315.
We will be meeting and greeting ferry arrivals at 1330 on the 31st.
Other arrivals are at own arrangements. Information about taxis and local transport will be given upon final payment.
We are bringing all the necessary equipment for the singing bowl making. This will include gloves and ear protectors but if you have or prefer your own do bring them along.
If you would like to have contact with Woodwick House about any recommendations for additional nights on the island please contact Carola - 01856 751330
It may be possible to stay a night in advance of the workshop. Please ask us or Carola about this possibility.
We recommend that you allow yourself enough time to acclimatise and take in the breadth of land and seascapes available. Here are a few helpful websites.
Bookings for this Orkney experience of a lifetime are now open and places are limited to 12 participants. To create your commitment to attend we ask for a non–refundable deposit of £250.
Download Booking form - see below.
Please engage with us about how you would like to pay the remainder.
We are open to being flexible and can arrange payment by installments and we accept Cheques and Cash payments and Paypal (paypal incurs a 3.5% charge = £259.20 for deposit)
We have had alot of early interest in this very special seven days on Orkney and in the event of places being fully booked we will create a waiting list.
Please get in touch with us as soon as possible to secure your place and make a sincere commitment to attending.
If for any reason a booked place needs to be cancelled we will do our best to fill the vacancy.
Until that point the responsibility for the place will remain with the initial booking.
In the event of the retreat being cancelled we will refund all deposits minus a small admin fee.
To pay deposit of £250 through paypal (paypal fee £9.20) = £259.20